Pages

Skip to main content

Beatrix and her Bunnies: The story of Beatrix Potter by Rebecca Colby and Caroline Bonne- Muller

 Beatrix and her Bunnies: The story of Beatrix Potter

Synopsis 

Beatrix loves the countryside, but lives in a big, lonely house in London - if only she had a friend. Then she meets Benjamin Bunny and everything changes! They spend every day together playing chase and follow my leader. But when Benjamin dies, Beatrix is heartbroken. She decides to write about Benjamin's adventures and about her new bunny, Peter, who plays the tambourine and jumps through hoops. If she can publish her stories, she knows children will fall in love with Benjamin and Peter, and her bunnies will live forever.




Review

This picture book has beautiful illustrations and a really charming story. The title of the book is great, and it really captures the sweet and lovely nature of the book. I love the way the illustrations of old England is kept lively and attractive so as to appeal to children, my favourite are the illustrations of the bunnies.

The story is lighthearted even though it touches on sadness at times..

“But Bunnies don’t live Forever... Beatrix noticed that Benjamin’s hoppity-hops weren’t as high as they used to be”

My daughter and I really enjoyed the story, and learning about Beatrix and how she came to write all the stories we love to share together. My daughter delighted in hearing Benjamin and Peter’s names!

Nosy Crow books often come with an audio book QR code, and we really enjoyed listening to the book too. I really enjoy these audio recordings and it is a great incentive for me to buy a Nosy Crow book, as you really feel you are getting your money’s worth!

I bought this book for my daughter who loves Peter Rabbit and I thought it would make a great Easter gift. She really enjoyed it and wanted me to read it to her over and over. She is a massive fan of Beatrix potter and all her stories, so a little biased,  however it was obvious to me that she was reacting to the obvious charm of the book!

ISBN: 1839941073
Publisher: Nosy Crow
Date published: 4th March 2021

Comments