Pages

Skip to main content

Amanda in Malta: The Sleeping Lady by Darlene Foster

 Synopsis 

Amanda receives a postcard from her best friend, Leah, and is surprised to learn that she is in Malta with her aunt. Reading between the lines, she senses Leah is in trouble. Desperate to help her, Amanda travels to Malta with her classmate Caleb and his parents. Amanda is intrigued by this exotic island in the middle of the Mediterranean, full of colourful history, sun-drenched limestone fortresses, stunning beaches and fascinating birds. But...who is killing the protected birds? Who stole a priceless artifact from the museum? And why is Leah acting so strange? She couldn't possibly be involved in these illegal activities, or could she? Join Amanda and her friends as they visit ancient temples, an exciting falconry and the enchanting Popeye Village, as they try to get to the bottom of the mystery of the Sleeping Lady.

Review

I really enjoyed this book! I am completely new to this series and happy that I have discovered these stories. Amanda in Malta is the eighth book in the series and what a find! I am going to be picking up some more of these titles for my kindle for sure. These stories are just what I need right now.

This book was obviously very well researched and the writing is so descriptive that you really do feel like you are in Malta. What I love, is that the author doesn’t skip details such as what Amanda chooses for lunch! So you really do feel like a tourist in Malta experiencing the country first hand and you are completely immersed in the story.

The mystery plot is intriguing and the characters extremely likeable. We are carried along on a fun adventure and along the way we learn interesting facts about Malta. I found myself looking up the tourist spots on google to discover even more and becoming really interested. It felt like a mini holiday for me!

The book is not overly long so this would be a great read for a reluctant reader, or for a causal read.

I read this over a couple of days and I really looked forward to my work day being over, so I could grab this book and have a cosy read and a little holiday in my mind!


Thank you to NetGalley for an advanced e-ARC in return of my unbiased review.

ISBN: 978-1771682374
Publisher: Central Avenue Publishing
Publication date: 11th May 2021



Comments

  1. Thanks for the great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed the adventure in Malta!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment