Pages

Skip to main content

Dream big, Little Mole by Tom Percival

 Dream big, Little Mole by Tom Percival. Illustrated by Christine Pam

Dream big, little mole
Cover illustration 



‘She’d made people sad and that wasn’t her goal’

I read this book with my daughter and she really enjoyed it. The first read through we were interested in all the British wildlife characters. Mole, hedgehogs, foxes, squirrels, rabbits and more all with their own unique characters explored in a small amount of words but with great detail to the reader. 

The female character mole is trying to find her special skill, and although this is a well explored plot of many picture books, this is a quirky, funny and exciting story. The plot is detailed enough not to be immediately memorable so it can be enjoyed again and again. Indeed, my daughter wanted me to read it three times to her, which must mean that she liked it!

The illustrations in this book are beautiful with added detail so children can spot more goings on than the text describes. We loved the underground scene page depicting all the burrows and Mole has a fantastic pink nose with delightful whiskers!

This book would be a fantastic gift and addition to a bookshelf. Great for a bedtime read or even for children to enjoy by themselves. I can imagine my daughter pouring over the pictures for some time to come.

I received a ebook version of this book from NetGalley for my unbiased review.

ISBN: 9781405892824
Bloomsbury children’s books.
Publication date: 4th February 2021






Comments