Pages

Skip to main content

Dizzy Lizzie by Kat E Erikson

 Dizzy Lizzie by Kat E. Erikson, Illustrated by Noh.A.

Dizzy Lizzie
Dizzy Lizzie cover illustration 

‘Dizzy Lizzy’  is a beautiful story about a litter of kittens and in particular one kitten called Lizzie. 

This book is beautifully illustrated throughout, with pretty autumn and summer colours. I love the illustrations of the kittens, which make me think of JiJi in Studio Ghibli ‘ Kiki’s delivery service’, they have characterful faces and Lizzie in particular stands out.

I find that my daughter pays particular attention when there is repetition in the text and this story has plenty of this. ‘She bit and spit, she threw a hissy fit’ is repeated in the story. This works really well to evoke the character of Lizzie. She is a feisty and determined and works hard to find her forever home.
Based on a true story, this is a heartwarming tale which I’m sure plenty of young children with a love of animals would enjoy.

There is plenty of words in this picture book so I would say the age group would be for older toddlers and preschoolers.

My rating: 4 out of 5.
ISBN: 9780578566245
Publication date: 14th May 2020


Check out the authors website: https://kateerikson.com




Comments