Pages

Skip to main content

Jasper & Scruff Take a Bow by Nicola Colton

 

 Jasper & Scruff Take a Bow by Nicola Colton


Synopsis

Smart Kitty. Mucky Pup. Here comes trouble...

When Jasper and Scruff hear about the Reach Fur the Stars talent show they know it’s their big chance to shine. But while Scruff hopes his magic act will dazzle the judges, Jasper wants the limelight all to himself. 

And they’re not the only ones who want to get their paws on the Grand Prize – the Sophisticats have a sneaky plan to steal the show. Will Jasper and Scruff team up in time to stop the cunning cats?

Cover illustration



Review

The first observation of this book is that it’s chock full of shiny paged illustrations in a three tone colour scheme of purple, orange and black. As soon as I had a glance, I knew that it would be a big hit for me and my daughter to read at bedtime!

The story is kookie and every page is funny and exciting. We loved the characters Jasper and Scruff from the outset with their crazy descriptions and antics. As the story evolves, we had fun figuring out what was happening in a sleuth like detective way. There was enough clues to guess what was going to happen next, and anticipate this together. However, the ending caught us both by surprise! 

My daughter enjoyed this so much that she asked to read it a second time the next day. Reading the second time, we noticed lots of things we hadn’t seen before, like Lady Chatterly siting in Ruby’s hair salon at the beginning of the story!

What I loved about this book, is that I can see my daughter enjoying reading this herself in a few years time. Just like I remember reading my ladybird book stories. There are plenty of pictures to keep you interested and reading, and I can imagine she will remember this book as a favourite.

For me, i was hooked when Audrey the unicycling alpaca appeared! This is a really fun read!

Publisher: Little Tiger Uk
ISBN: 9781788952545
Publication date: 4th February 2021.




Comments