Pages

Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Little Hoo

I received an ARC of the following book (electronic copy) from NetGalley. My review is totally non-biased and based upon my own opinions and views.

To follow the theme of Birthday's, I requested to read this new book ' Happy Birthday Little Hoo by Brenda Ponnay'




Book details- Format- Paperback, ISBN:9781532401916, Published- To be published- 13 March 2017

Synopsis- Whooo’s Birthday is Coming Up Soon?
Little Hoo is back and it’s time to celebrate his birthday! The delightful little owl has a new book and can’t wait to share it. Actually, Little Hoo can’t wait for his birthday so his patient parents help him count down the days. A perfect book for a birthday boy or girl who can’t wait to celebrate.

Review-
I can remember when I was little, hours used to feel like days, and weeks felt like years. This book perfectly illustrates Little Hoo's excitement waiting for his birthday that takes a very long time to come.  Before his birthday arrives Little Hoo is involved in lots of activities. It must feel like a very long ten days indeed!

Each page of this book features a countdown number to Hoo's birthday, which is an excellent learning tool for children learning their numbers. An added fun feature for older children, perhaps toddlers, is a page that shows some items to find in the pictures.

I found the story pleasant and the activities before Hoo's birthday are original and interesting. It is nicely illustrated, however I find the computer graphics a little basic and almost 'clip art' style. I can see however that young children would find these images pleasing.

This book doesn't excite me very much, but it has a certain charm. It is also a good educational tool.

Rating- Three out of five







Comments