Pages

Skip to main content

Can you say it too? Brrr! Brrr!

Brrr! It's winter time and it actually snowed on Saturday and if the whole family hadn't been suffering with colds, we might have gone outside and run around in it! Instead we sat indoors and settled down with a good book. We are currently reading together a new board book ' Can you say it too? Brrr! Brrr! by Sebastien Braun'



Book details- Format- Board book, ISBN : 978-0857637178, Published-  6 Oct 2016

Book synopsis- A fun lift-the-flap book for sharing with anyone who enjoys making animal noises!

On the back of this board book an arctic hare advertises the fact that 'The flaps are really sturdy' and this is spot on. My baby daughter likes to grab the pages in books and always manages to make a crease, these flaps are completely grab proof and actually make it easier for my daughter to pull down or move to reveal the surprise animal.

The illustrations and detail in this book is incredible. I love the northern lights shimmering in the sky next to the igloo, and pine cones dropped on the floor from the trees in the woods. Little details which make this book a joy to read. I usually pick out the detail to describe to my daughter and this book is perfect for that.

The choice of arctic animals in this book is a refreshing change from pig, goat, cow! And I picked it deliberately because of this. I was excited to find a nice selection of animals, however the sounds that they made was somewhat dubious at times. Since we cannot necessarily make the sound of whale, we have to settle for a splash.This book does lack continuity, and therefore is a little random, however it captured my daughters attention and will be a favourite for some time.

Rating- I give this book a four out of five.







Comments