Pages

Skip to main content

Starting my blog

I've started this blog in  master plan to get back into reading my young adult/teenage/children fiction books that I used to devour whilst working as a bookseller. I worked in the children's department at my local bookshop whilst I studied at university and later after graduating, worked full time for a year. After this I progressed to working in a university library and in my current role as a corporate librarian.

I always think back to the days of reading copies of Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter (!),  meeting Philip Pullman for an author event and partying with Jacqueline Wilson! Most of all I look back at the lengthy sittings of book reading, in my tea breaks, on the train to London and at the weekend. I kind of wish that I could go back to those times where I was devouring book after book.

These days I spend a lot of time looking after my eight month old baby, and I spend my evenings reading and pursuing other crafty hobbies. I am enjoying the quiet evenings after a day running around, relaxing and settling into a good book. Not forgetting the cup of tea, Bliss!

I'm so excited to read with my daughter and at the moment we are starting out with board books. These can be quite absorbing. I'm enjoying seeing how she reacts to the pictures and words as I read them to her. We are only going to get more and more interested in books and story telling.
Our most current read in board books is: Can you Say it too ? Brr! Brr! by Sebastien  Braun - Review to follow!..

My own current read is : `The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman- a birthday present from my husband, with a very apt subject content for myself. Review is also to follow soon...

I have been requesting some books on twitter, via Goodreads, and competitions and also email some publishing houses to ask for ARC's. I know these are in demand so I don't expect to receive many, however I am so excited to start reading and reviewing I hope that I will be able to be the happy recipient of a few. In the meantime, I think I will have a cup of tea and read my book!

Comments