Pages

Skip to main content

Mort the Meek and the Ravens Revenge by Rachel Delahaye

 Mort the Meek and the Ravens’ Revenge by Rachel Delahay and illustrated by George Ermos


Synopsis

On Brutalia violence is a way of life. Ravenous ravens circle overhead, monstrous grot bears cause chaos and the streets are bulging with brawls. But Mort isn't like the other islanders - he's determined to live peacefully. His struggle is made even tougher when the cruel queen appoints Mort as Royal Executioner. No one has challenged the royals and lived to tell the tale. Can Mort keep his head and outwit the queen? 



Review

Wow! This book is super funny, really entertaining and just a pure joy to read! It’s amazingly clever because the actual subject matter, is quite horrific! Mort is given the job of Royal Executioner in a city called Brutalia! Eek! But the humour is such that this really, really works!

From the outset, I was hooked and laughing at the Queens remarks as the story set itself up. I wanted to read and read to find out what was going to happen to the characters. This story is never boring! There are fantastic pictures, different font sizes and types of words to engage the reader. I can see this book being a hit with reluctant readers, because it’s just so appealing.

I loved the quirky crows at the beginning of each chapter, with their jokes and quips! They provide such a fun introduction to each chapter and I found myself looking forward to starting a new chapter so I could see them again.

The characters are well developed and so fun and interesting. I’ve got more good news too because this is the first in a series of adventures with Mort! At the end of the book we are introduced to a new story. I can’t wait to read this one too.

I would throughly recommend this read to everyone for some lighthearted entertainment! It’s absolutely great! Treat yourself for world book day!


I received an electronic ARC from NetGalley for my unbiased review.

ISBN:978-1788953146
Publisher: Little Tiger Group
Published : 4th March 2021


Comments